How does Icy Matters Collect Information from Customers?
We may collect information about you:
- When you attend our physical stores;
- When you use our website;
- When you allow a third party to share information with us e.g. facebook; and
- From other sources where permitted by law
What type of Information canIcy MattersCollect from Customers?
By accessing our website or attending our physical stores and purchasing our products, the personal information that we may collect include:
- Contact Information: Name, postal address, phone number and e-mail address;
- When paying by ways other than cash: Financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information;
- When accessing social media links: All information you disclose on relevant social media platforms subject to your privacy settings therein;
- When purchasing any product: Items purchased and location of purchase;
- When taking a survey: demographic information and personal opinions
- When creating an account: your username, password, city of birth, birthday
- When providing suggestions: any information that you choose to provide us
Automatic Data Collection – Cookies and Web Beacons
Most internet browsers accept cookies as a default setting but such settings can be altered to refuse accepting cookies or to ask for permission prior to accepting cookies. If you wish to understand your browser’s settings in relation to cookies, refer to your browser’s help menu.
As some cookies are essential to access certain areas of the Sites, please note that disabling your browser from accepting cookies may cause parts of our website and/or its features to be inaccessible or functioning poorly.
How does Icy Matters use information collected from you
We may collect, hold, and use personal information for reasons such as:
- To communicate with you about our brand, products, services, and promotions which may relate to collaborated offers and offers from our partners. Feel free to contact us via the details below if you wish to stop receiving marketing materials from us.
- To provide you with information, services or other materials you request for or may be interested;
- To tailor and improve your interactive experience when visiting our website;
- To manage and improve our sites, products, and service offerings;
- For internal management purposes and to manage our relationship with you;
- For other purposes which are reasonably necessary in connection with our ordinary functions and activities.
How does Icy Matters hold information and safeguard said information?
We strive to keep your interactions with our website or information other provided safe and secure. Accordingly, we have implemented administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect all personal information in our possession against theft, loss, as well as unauthorized actions including access, use, modification, and disclosure. Despite the safeguard mechanisms which we have in place, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of any information you provide to us against all cybercrimes.
Who does Icy Matters Share Information with?
We have built this website solely for the use of those located within the Greater China region. Subject to this in mind, we may share:
- Personal information about you with others with your consent;
- Personal information about you with Icy Matters and its subsidiaries and licensees and our parent and other affiliated companies
- Personal Information about you with companies that provide support to us such as credit card processor or other payment service providers
- Specific information about you at the lawful request of certain parties in response to legal procedures
- Specific information about you for the purpose of complying with applicable legislation and regulations
- Under reasonable circumstances, information about you to protect and enforce the rights, property or safety of Icy Matters, its subsidiaries, licensees, our employees, agents, customers and others
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Rights over your Information
By providing Icy matters information about you, you have the following rights over that information:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Icy Matters for the information which we specifically hold about you. However, please note that an administration fee will be payable for this service.
- The right to rectify – You have the right to request Icy matters to correct any incorrect or inaccurate information that we hold in relation to you. Similarly, should you believe that we hold incomplete information about you, you have the right to request Icy Matters to complete such information.
- The right to erase – You have the right to request that Icy Matters erases your personal information under certain conditions and subject to certain limitations.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object Icy Matters from processing your personal data for certain purposes or in general, under certain conditions and subject to certain limitations.
- The right to portability – You have the right to request that Icy Matters transfers the data that we have collected about you to another company, or directly to you.
If you wish to exercise or make a query about any of the above rights, please feel free to contact us using the contact method provided below. Prior to proceeding with any of your requests pursuant to you above rights, we will need you to confirm your identity and specify the information subject to which you wish to exercise those rights. Please note however, that your request to access, obtain, modify or prevent the use of your information may at times be denied due to reasons such as our obligations under certain laws or the unreasonable impact accessing your information would have on the privacy of others.
Contacting Icy Matters& Complaints
Icy Matters Co. Ltd.
11/F Chun Wo Commercial Centre
25 Wing Wo Street,
Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
We will deal with all complaints as soon as we can and should you be unsatisfied as to how we proposed to deal with such an issue, you are free to make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Hong Kong.